View Single Post
Old 01-14-2019, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duh View Post
I agree and disagree with Musicman. There are fewer buyers for the for top end guitars and you can find, if you are patient or you bargain, a seller of a new Martin, 2017 or earlier that is still on the shelf, that fits your needs and you can get it for $2,400 to $3,000. Also, I've played two Taylors that could go toe to toe with any Martin. One got his Taylor as a gift from his wife and the other searched and searched, owned a D41 and still has an Olsen (which he bought when it wasn't pricey) and his favorite is his Taylor. I've played it and I generally don't like Taylors, but his is outstanding. So, you should give yourself at least a year, go to as many guitar stores as you can, and you will find the guitar of your dreams. You should also take a look at the Seth Avett Martin D35. Very different and very nice. One day I will add that to my HD35.
That's a great approach, but if you find (what you think might be) the ONE in the first week of that search, buy it! You can flip it later if it's not the actual ONE. Knowing that you walked away from the one could haunt you. Having it will allow you to compare it to other guitars while you continue your search.