View Single Post
Old 03-30-2020, 04:01 PM

Default NGD: McPherson Sable: First Carbon Fiber

Quote:
Originally Posted by JungWoo View Post
I used my Sable yesterday with the Anthem SL... too much body handling noise, even if I adjust the mic.

The rough back of the guitar makes a lot of handling noise. I wish I could buff it to a smooth finish.

Does the HFN have a lot of handling noise?

I don’t recall the HFN being tremendously different than the Anthem, in terms of handling noise. But, I would say there is slightly less because I roll back the highs. You can’t do that as readily with the Anthem SL. I’m still testing/using the HFN at home and probably won’t be convinced otherwise until I’m playing out again.

BTW, it may seem like I’m dissuading you from the HFN. I’m not. For me, it’s a big difference in acoustic tone with little or no drop off in amplified performance. But, I have so little gig experience with this guitar and pickup combo, I’m hesitant to send anyone else on a wild goose chase. Moreover, this is my first CF, so what do I know? That said, I probably won’t change back to the Anthem unless this fails miserable, which I do not expect it to. I’ve only had one gig with it, but I’ve played a lot of my repertoire on it and pretty high volumes in my practice space. It’s held up well.

Last edited by martingitdave; 03-30-2020 at 09:10 PM.