View Single Post
Old 11-25-2018, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Per Burström View Post
Just got home after getting myself a SA330X + the SA Subwoofer (and tripod) at a really good price: it was a demo unit bought from a music store in Stockholm where they were closing the "outlet" department of the store. I paid around 5500 SEK, that is less than you would pay for a new S1 Pro (without the battery pack)... so I think that was a really good price!

Anyway, I just started experimenting with it. When it comes to feedback, there's no problem for the guitar, even with the guitar at close distance to the SA330X. Obviously a vocal microphone is more prone for feedback, especially with my M3 condenser.

I also have a Perform-VG, but I haven't tried that yet to compare the reverbs, feedback resistance etc.

Those of you that use the SA330X live, where do you place it? Behind you? What kind of vocal microphone do you use?

Anyone using a separate montitor together with the SA330X? Any recommendation?

Thanks!
/Per
I use a SA330 by itself, no sub, for solo gigs often. I try to get it to one side, usually the left, and slightly behind me. I usually use my Shure Beta 58 mic. At times I'll use an old A.T.M. 41a, or a Shure SM58. I don't use or need a separate monitor. I run one of several guitars and the vocals through a TC Helicon Play Acpustic. I don't have vocal feedback problems ever. Occasionally I'll get a bit of low frequency feedback from a guitar, but that is easily dialed out with the notch filter or phase reversal button.

I love this thing. I have a bigger PA system, A Yamaha mixer and two QSC K 10.2 speakers on USS stands, but the Fishman sounds great, is really portable, and the integrated mixer does the job very well. It's powerful enough for 90% of the places I play. That mixer is the reason I got the Fishman over the offerings from Bose and JBL.