Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonzo View Post
.. and style and beauty !
Jawdropper
Thanks Lonzo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukejon View Post
On my goodness....that’s a stunner!
Thank you ukejon. I was tickled to see how well the fretboard goes with the top.

Originally we were considering going with Gotoh X-finish in nickel but the gold in the Cocobolo, Redwood top, and Koa trim really screams out for gold tuners.

For the last couple months I have been building up my stock and variety of tuners. The pillow-top sculpted headstock was designed with Gotoh 510 minis in mind so that narrows it down to Gotoh gold minis. My success at building out my stock allowed for three options in gold:

Initially I liked the idea of using the satin X-finish gold:

Once they were on though I felt the X-finish antique gold and the metallic gold finishes were better choices:

The metallic gold was decided on. Next is what buttons to use? Stick with the gold button or go with lighter weight custom wood button?
First off, since I make the buttons we have unlimited choice. Besides the lighter weight, I feel my very comfortable round buttons go better with the headstock design.

Sapwood capped Cocobolo is a good choice but maybe sapwood capped Koa would be better. We'll work this one out next week.

Thanks for viewing!
Mark

"A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking".
Steven Wright