View Single Post
Old 04-30-2016, 09:21 AM

I'm gigging one of these now. Took a trip to the tech for nut and saddle work and some careful adjustments to get optimum flatness on the neck but I now have flamenco approved action which is my norm with a little room left on the saddle. Since it is a stick, I don't expect much to ever change. The guitar comes with what I'd call old school traditional classical guitar action, in the 3+/3.5+ range, with the nut cut a little high. I now sit at about 2.5/3. Still plays clean and is comfortable and comparable to my real flamenco acoustics.

Live it has worked well. If it feeds back I haven't had it happen yet. I run the blend about 3/4. In a live setting the nylon string sound is a fine. A little less convincing up close and personal but still fine. Maybe a little bassy but minor eq adjustments and string choice more or less take care of that. I am not crazy about the headphone sound but if quiet shedding is the goal, it will get the job done. I got it for live performance and easy transportation and it seems to win on both accounts. Also the crowd seems to get a kick out of it.

I now have mine strung with my standard gig strings. Hard tension D'Addario composite basses and normal tension Savarez Alliance trebles. This combination works fine especially with the slightly bassy plugged in voice of the guitar.

Lastly I don't find the reverbs all that useful. I'll have to experiment recording with them but to my ear they go from off to too lush and tend to push the guitar too far back in the mix. I never even tried the chorus.

hunter