View Single Post
Old 05-11-2021, 08:58 AM
Charter Member

Lots of advice on how to avoid selling the aforementioned six guitars. As to your question on actually selling them, my vote is to strike while the iron is hot and get them listed now while supply is down. Especially true if you're not planning on posting them for sale online and are looking to sell local. A smaller market and some unique inventory means it may take some time, even in this market.

I pretty much sell local now due to Paypal's policy shift to not refund fees if a buyer elects to return a guitar for any reason. I've learned patience is definitely a virtue when you're limiting yourself to your local geo. Finding the right demand for your particular supply can be tough, particularly when you're talking about higher priced instruments. In the past, I've suffered through the low-ball offers on (IMO) well-priced guitars for upwards of six months before I met up with the right buyer. Some have moved much faster, but I've never been in fire-sale mode, so can wait it out if required.

I might have to take this pandemic induced supply-side shortage thing for a spin myself and see if I can move one or two that do not get much attention. Best of luck with the move and with lightening the load!

Austin