View Single Post
Old 05-21-2019, 08:44 PM
Charter Member

Thanks for the gig update. Nice to hear it works in the real world!

I got my Beaudens B-1502 today and am quite pleased with it.

I built some similar units in the last few years for off-grid solar powered camping, one with a deep cycle car battery, and a couple with lead-acid gel cells. Like the Beaudens unit they had USB outputs, 12VDC, and with an inverter 120VAC.

The Beaudens is so much smaller and lighter than what I built. I tried it with my QSC CP-8 and it works great.

I also tried it with my Kustom PA-50, which uses about twice the watts of the QSC CP8 at similar volumes. The QSC sounds better as well. I am impressed with how efficient the QSC is. The Kustom has much lower output, rated at 50 watts RMS, so it is only appropriate for smaller rooms, while the QSC CP8 is rated at 1000 watts peak, so maybe 500 watts RMS, 10x the Kustom.

In one of the earlier posts someone compared the weight of the Bose S1 versus the combined weight of the QSC/Beaudens combo, but failed to recognise that the QSC is probably 5-10 times the output of the Bose.

Thanks for letting me know about the Beaudens! Pretty awesome for the price and weight.