View Single Post
Old 06-29-2022, 05:26 AM

It is indeed fascinating! What is particularly impressive is that you can achieve electric guitar levels of action (should you require it) effortlessly. I currently have the bass E set at 1.5mm and treble E at 1.2mm, and thanks to the stability and evenness of the neck/fretboard and the Plek'd frets, it plays with zero buzzing or choking. I went for the Ghost + K&K pickup option, which allows you to blend the two (here's a demo by Davy K of Emerald: https://emeraldguitars.com/davy-deep...nd-kk-pickups/)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubleneck View Post
This is a bit fascinating. I’m sure this bridge came about as they developed one for their hybrid guitar with electric pickups. The used Graphteck products for that : the Ghost system and MIDI interface through Graphteck’s specially designed replacement bridge for electric guitars. See pic below. They then designed a bridge that would incorporate them. Pretty cool. In guitar building everything is a compromise. Do you loose any acoustics sound over a tradition bridge? I would imagine maybe some but I bet its not very noticeable. The plus is being able to fully adjust the intonation. Not possible on a standard acoustic bridge. I think the real value of this bridge is being able to use their ghost pickup system which is quite good. I have it on my hybrid Wechter guitar.