View Single Post
Old 05-03-2016, 10:29 AM
Charter Member

I still have most of my system from 1981. The Pioneer receiver bit the dust, had it repaired once but when one channel went again I started over with a Kenwood. I still have my pioneer equalizer, processor, and sansui reverb. My cassette deck gave out as well and it is replaced with a pioneer CD deck. I gave all of my albums (over 300) to a friend in Kentucky who was an avid vinyl collector when I went to CD's. I was tired of moving them all over the world. (big mistake but I know they are being taken care of)

I don't have all of the nomenclatures for my equipment with me right now. I sold off my old 777 and 888 Kenwood speakers and bought a pair of Bose acoustimas speakers paired with a pioneer sub.

I have another system in the sun room similar to this one and my Bose wave radio sits in the garage. I have a denon system in my camper. The system I had in my media room (wife boxed it up for some unknown reason) is sitting in boxes in the basement.

So yeah, I have more stereo equipment than I need.

The joke in my family when someone enters a room is "where is the stereo"

I don't recall the nomenclature for my old pioneer turn table but the arm moved on rails straight across the album instead of angled, if that makes sense. back in 1981 I think it cost like 400 bucks by itself. In the military you can get real high end equipment, that is not sold in the US because of the high cost, in other countries through the PX system. I was told by a Pioneer rep back in the eighties the line I have was built specifically for that market and was one of the highest end systems of it's time. True? I have no idea, but it sounded cool.

Last edited by SFCRetired; 05-03-2016 at 10:36 AM.