View Single Post
Old 05-06-2019, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619TF View Post
"Intelligence" and the ability to afford expensive things are NOT correlated. Some of the least intelligent people I know are the wealthiest (they tend not to care about others much and will scam away where they can) while the "smart" folks (those with higher degrees and such) are a mixed bunch of middle-class and poor people.
I'm not big on class envy. I work around some extremely smart people who are among the nicest people you'll ever meet. Sorry for your personal connections if they are not like that.

We could debate whether higher earners are as a group ""smarter" or more intelligent than low earners but I think that's already been determined by most.
And if so, I'll imagine there's some correlation.

People with more money than me don't bother me at all. People who can afford multiple custom guitars don't make me envious. We all have the ability to rise to whatever level we're comfortable with. That's not easy to accept for some, so they disparage the guys/gals with 30k guitars as being less than savory characters. I just don't like that form of labeling.
Giffin Vikta
Gibson Custom Shop ES 335 '59 Historic RI
‘91 Les Paul Standard
‘52 AVRI Tele - Richie Baxt build
Fender American Deluxe Tele
Fender Fat Strat