Thread: guilds, gibsons
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2001, 07:32 AM

Cool

Gibsons acoustic efforts have far exceeded their electric devision in the last 15 years But I still dont find the sound quality I want in a Gibson. I think the Taylor just blows them away. Someday if I live long enough Im sure something will come along and do the same thing to Taylor. When your at the top there's no place to go but down. I played Gibsons for year and still own several.

The two Gibsons I wont part with are my 60 Les Paul and my all Walnut J-40. To me the new Gibsons are overpriced and overrated.

Gibson IMHO is living in there own past. Instead of building something new they ae trying to go back to their Golden age.

Why not just build a better guitar? Guild? To me once a pinicale guitar now itss just an upgraded Fender.

For my money if Taylor wasnt around I can get just as much out of a 1000 dollar Takamine as a 3000 dollar Gibson.

Martin still builds a nice guitar but because of so much competition even they have jumped on the chezzy guitar bandwagon.

Ovation? I wont even go there.

My picks, Taylor, Tacoma, Takamine in that order.You can get into any of these guitars in your price range. My pick for your money a 310 or 314 Taylor. Just my 2 cents. JW