View Single Post
Old 01-31-2020, 07:29 AM

I upgraded my trusty Yamaha Audiogram 6 to this Focusrite 8i6 recently. I really like it, though it was a bit of an adjustment for me and drivers/firmware had some bugs initially.

One thing I have discovered is that the routing program will sometimes stop doing what it's supposed to do. For instance, if you mute an input and it doesn't actually mute it. When things like this start happening, I exit the routing program and go back in and it's fine.

A big problem I found were problems trying to record from the SPDIF input. That has been fixed thankfully.

I only record from one input at a time, but it's nice to be able to leave things connected so when you do record, you just use the appropriate input without having to plug/unplug stuff.

I like that it has 2 headphone outputs so I can monitor when I'm recording somebody else. One disappointment for me was I was hoping to connect my subwoofer to the second output. I can, but I can't combine both outputs together so they are both controlled by the volume knob.

I'd love to hear how you get on with it after you've had time to play with it.