View Single Post
Old 01-24-2020, 11:51 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim1960 View Post
T
I suspect you're correct about it working better with certain pickups.[/URL]
I'm not sure it's just the pickup. The whole benefit of ToneDexter is that you train on not only a specific pickup, but a specific guitar. The issue we've seen since the Aura is that both matter. Someone who sends their guitar, with say a Fishman Matrix in it, into Fishman to have a custom image made, gets good results. But you take that same image and use it with a Fishman Matrix in your guitar, even the same model, and maybe it works, or maybe it doesn't. I've tried the same thing with ToneDexter. Train guitar A with a pickup, then try that image on guitar B that has the same pickup - maybe it sounds good, maybe it doesn't.

With the woodworks thing, as I recall, it had both issues. I couldn't even set it for "OM with K&K", you just had whatever it was, a dial with 10 choices or something. Sounded weirdly chirpy and resonant on most settings for me, which I think you can hear on the sample I posted (and that was the best option). it must work better for some pickups, or I suspect they'd have not released it.