View Single Post
Old 01-20-2020, 08:23 AM

Hello guys and thanks for the reply’s so far.

Just to mention and while it may come to a point where its to complicated for this, the reason I was looking to put the letter of the note above the one on the line was not so much to just learn its name, but more associate that letter with that note.....but then even more associate it with the sound the note makes as I played it so I could have an idea of what that should sound like as my thought was to at times instead of counting to try to sing the note with using that letter so it could help me do that.

So in other words for and in just using the above for simplification, if someone came to me and said, on your #1 E string play me 1 bar of E quarter notes, then 1 bar of F quarter notes, an one bar of G quarter notes, not only would I know what that means and what to do on the guitar to do that, but even more I could just know in my head what it should sound like such as if I didn't even have a guitar and was just thinking in my head what it should sound like.

Ultimately I would really like to get to a point I could just read musical notes on a sheet of music and just hear the music in my head as naturally as I could read written words and just know what they should sound like.