View Single Post
Old 12-31-2019, 12:21 PM
Charter Member

I loved Fleetwood Mac when I first heard them in the 60's... Peter Green was SUCH a monster player! They were kinda grungy and dirty, but I loved them...

And I really enjoyed the "middle era", too... beginning with "Kiln House", watching/listening to the band as it developed into... something... else. They weren't my favorite band by any means, but I always liked hearing what they were doing.

And I enjoyed the Stevie Nicks/ Lindsay Buckingham version of the band, as well - although I really thought that Stevie was WAY overrated as a vocalist, but there you go.

In the later 80's, a friend called and asked if I wanted to go see FM at the Forum, in LA, as he had an extra ticket to the show (his wife didn't want to go)... I went, reluctantly - at the time, I was knocking my head against the wall of getting songs published and out to different artists and working on a record deal for my own stuff, so my interest in other bands was always tempered by the "I don't want to sound like anyone else" modality.

They put on a great show, and, more than anything, I was knocked out by Lindsay's playing and singing! I really had no idea he was as consummate a player as he was/is. He got some amazing tones from his Turner electric - at the time I didn't know what type of guitar it was - but, over and over again, throughout the evening, his playing kept impressing me. "The Chain" was very powerfully played that evening, one of the centerpieces of the show...

Like Bob Womack said... I just enjoy the band, the way they are now, and enjoy all the decades that I've enjoyed Fleetwood Mac's music... over 50 years now... which is amazing, in and of itself!
and the things I hold dear
are near...
And I always find my way back home."

"Home" (working title) J.S, Sherman