View Single Post
Old 02-01-2017, 06:40 AM

Default Your opinions on the Journey OF660

I keep coming back to the OF660 as a practical travel companion and backup guitar. I carried a GS Mini on planes for a while but concluded my RainSong dreadnought was not that much longer in a low end gig bag (Access Stage 1) and (somewhat illogically) went back to carrying a Traveler Escape MKIII (mahogany, I recently upgraded from a MKII -- really not that bad to play but not nearly as satisfying as a real acoustic guitar for me). The Journey would still require early boarding to secure overhead space, but the Journey would take up little space and might be more practical on an international flight where there is no FAA ruling on musical instruments. However a green tagged late checked Journey might get the wheelie treatment as there is little hint to a baggage handler what is inside the bag.

What are your thoughts on its volume and tone? I find a Baby Taylor unacceptable and a GS Mini competitive with a real guitar, for reference. I have bought and sold two CA Cargos over the years as I found them almost as bulky as the much louder GS Mini and the very short scale bothered me (probably mostly because I thought too much about it :~). The YouTube OF660 reviews go from an enthusiastic Don Ross to what seems an underwhelmed Tony Polecastro. I am definitely set on CF or just sticking with the Traveler.

I plan on calling Ted shortly about this.

Thanks! Jon
IR Demo, read the description too: https://youtu.be/SELEE4yugjE
My duo's website and my email... [email protected]

Jon Fields