View Single Post
Old 01-17-2022, 09:57 AM

Bose makes really good amps and if it has reverb, it can't be too shabby. That being said, a reverb pedal seems redundant to me. Personally, I find that a touch of delay and chorus with reverb works better overall. I can control the echoes and not get caught up in the wash of too much reverb. But if you want Reverb as well consider a dual delay/Reverb pedal. That being said, with the audiophile level of you preamp you should get a comparable unit like the Audio Source Collider or a Strymon or Universal Audio Starlight delay and add a Reverb later if you feel you need it. Less expensive but good dual delay/Reverb pedals like Wampler Ethereal, EQ Master Dispatch, Keeley Caverns e.g. are available. There are ones that are paired in stereo but too many to list. Some has looper and shimmer functions. Just google search delay reverb pedals and pick one that suits your style of play. You may like analog over digital so that may affect your decision. Also consider a chorus pedal to fatten up your tone.

As far as a compressor, with that Grace preamp with all that eq control, why would you want who squash your signal? Perhaps in a recording studio but not necessarily live with that preamp.
Good luck on your tone quest.