View Single Post
Old 05-15-2014, 08:59 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
Once again as I previously mentioned I centered the tracks to check for those very possible phase issues. I didn't hear anything wrong. I did some panning with the Quick mixes I just put up on another thread. and I think it all comes down to how things are going to fit in a full mix. I could give a hoot about a True Stereo Acoustic gtr. mix unless it is a sparse mix and I want a Stereo effect. I am just trying this for the first time. I do already know the info you and Doug are sharing but I think some are missing the point of this. i don't have a phase/invert button on my UR44 audio interface but have plug ins as you mentioned. I know about the 3-1 rule. I just want to see how much trouble I can get into because I have just started and will include LDC/SDC combo and M/S etc. experiments Any thing I do that ends up a real song and has Bass, drums,other guitar tracks perhaps Piano and surely Vocals I hope to make the Acoustic sound good and fit it properly. But thanks for the comments and your effort to share.
If the guitar is just part of a mix in with other instruments record it in mono - you will save yourself extra trouble and grief. P.S. 3-to1 rule does not apply to recording just the guitar by itself.

"Reality is that which when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."

Woods hands pick by eye and ear
Made to one with pride and love
To be that we hold so dear
A voice from heavens above