View Single Post
Old 11-07-2017, 06:46 PM

[QUOTE=islandguitar;5529518]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB'sox View Post
Well, the "new" is a little hard to put a handle on. I think, and Patrick can correct me if I am wrong...number 1 was 15 years ago, took a while to build and then there were classes etc., tooling up the shop, building a bit more, so that 4 years ago, full time. This guitar is number 17 and I believe he is over 20. I consider that new on the "luthier" scale and new to us on the AGF as oppose to other guys I know well who have built over 100.

Ah, o.k.....that sheds some light on things ( and why the name was new to me). Yeah, 100 builds seems to be a nice milestone for the folks who have been with it for a while and have worked out the way in which their craft and sound will unfold. All that said, I think you brought home an awesome guitar!

Regarding the tune, it's on the Tom Doerr Legacy that he built for me in '13- '14. This was Tom's #103 so it relates to the 100 mark mentioned above. Still, as with every build ( I suspect), Tom had some "tricks up his sleeve" he was going to bring to this build, as I assume he does with current offerings. He was very excited about working with the LS Redwood again and paring it with Cocobolo.

Congrats again, Tom!
Thanks for the info. Tom is one of the best for sure, heck so many good builders, I wish I could have a couple of each!

I am just starting to explore DADGAD, it is so different after 40 years of standard tuning. Again, I really liked your original, especially where is kind of goes into that bass progression following the higher melody. Very pretty.