View Single Post
Old 07-19-2018, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methos1979 View Post
I play fingerstyle with the flesh so it's naturally a softer, more muted tone. Even when I strum it's all flesh unless I need some attack then it's the backside of my thumb and/or index fingernail on the up/down stroke. I practice quite often plugged in playing mostly my Emerald X20 as that's my primary gigging guitar. But once in a while (like the last two days) I'll practice/play unplugged and grab my Martin Custom 000-18GE. It's so light weight and resonant. Sure, it's softer but the tone is just incredible.

Don't make decisions based on test driving a guitar in a loud music store. You have to find some place quiet and intimate. Also look for very lightly built, resonant guitars. Santa Cruz 00 12 fretters are really something special. Pretty much anything high-end. Froggy Bottom if you can afford it. Goodall. Lowden. But you're going to have to pay for that kind of lightly built awesome tone!
Thanks for the information, Methos1979.

I've actually bought a Martin OM-35E and am waiting for its arrival. I will post a review from my perspective once I receive it!