View Single Post
Old 02-02-2019, 10:21 PM

There's a couple of thoughts that permeate this thread.

One is the bad referee non-call in the NFC game. Well there is a history in the NFL, and a few other leagues besides, that near the end of games and near the end of seasons, the refs kind of forget they have whistles. Kind of like 'let the players play' is their excuse, or maybe they don't want to make a call that determines who wins. Instead they just allow stuff to happen whether or not it's against the rules. Did anybody see the Eagle player who took out Chris Hogan during the last Patriot's play of the last SuperBowl? Certainly not the refs. Hogan was flattened at midfield while running toward the end zone. Much worse and more obvious than what happened in New Orleans a couple of weeks ago. Why do I mention this? Simply because Hogan was the guy that was closest to the Hail Mary when it came down. If he didn't have to get up off the ground, then maybe he might have caught that pass. But if you understand the 'let the players play' thing it's not surprising. Hey with all the frivolous side bets on things, bet on an announcer saying the refs are 'letting the players play' at some point during the game.

The other is the bad cess surrounding the Patriots. First off, I am a lifelong Patriots fan, having attended their first ever home game, which they lost. And they proceeded to lose in amazingly consistent fashion for most of the last century. Well they turned that corner this century. Having said that, I did notice that someone previously mentioned the "your team cheats" webpage. Did anybody actually check it out? Here's a link to their cheat list:

https://yourteamcheats.com/cheaters/

I can give you a spoiler that the Patriots are not at the top of the list. Why? Look at it and see who is. However the real interesting thing is that the NY Jets are number 2. Huh? How does that make sense? Read it and see. It still makes no sense, if only because they haven't profited by it. Spend some time with it, and the rest of the material on the site. The site states that every cheat listed is verifiable through neutral sources. It's actually interesting reading.

Oh yeah, I was also a Red Sox fan in the fifties when I was a kid. They were awful. Took them even longer to get better.

Don
06 Alvarez AJ60S englmn/mpl lam med Jmbo
14 Taylor 818e sitka/rosewood Grand Orchestra
05 Taylor 512ce L10 all mahogany Grand Concert
09 Taylor all walnut Jmbo
16 Taylor 412e-R sitka/rw GC
16 Taylor 458e-R s/rw 12 string GO
21 Epiphone IBG J-200 sitka/maple Jmbo
22 Guild F-1512 s/rw 12 string Jmbo

Last edited by donlyn; 02-02-2019 at 10:41 PM.