View Single Post
Old 09-09-2019, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post
BTW Partially because of your review thread , I just got Studio One 4.5.3 on a sale Sweetwater had, and I am trying to learn it's workflow. There are some things that are not quite as refined as PT but no doubt a lot of that is just keystroke differences
Yea it’s a chore (and frustrating) rethinking virtually everything. Especially if, like me, you’ve got your nose in Pro Tools 10 hours a day for your day job and ya gotta switch gears in the evening for home music stuff. Still, I’m more than convinced Studio One is, if not more so, as capable as Pro Tools for music production and i’d vigorously argue there are many things in Pro Tools that are not as refined as Studio One I use the Pro Tools overview (within Studio One so I don’t lose everything quick key-wise) and have just learned to love the rest of the Studio One’s work flow.

I’m certain after all these years I’ll take Pro Tools into my retirement (good lord willing of course) but I’m pretty steadfast in my recommendation, especially to new users, that Studio One is a beast gathering momentum!