View Single Post
Old 06-08-2018, 11:50 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Hanna View Post
Me as well.

Lately I’ve grown very fond of Izotope Ozone 8. Although I love the wide band analog style compressor that comes with, I’m REALLY impressed with the dynamic EQ which is inserted before the mastering comp. A tad complicated to detail in a post but there’s plenty of vids that do a good job of explaining. It’s really a game changer for compression. Essentially it’s a real time dynamic eq that attempts to corral eq peaks (in very small increments) so that the mastering compressor has a better change of not over-reacting to those minuscule bursts of overs. It makes for a MUCH smoother task for the compressor.

Honestly everything Izotope does is superior. Waiting for an Izotope reverb and I’ll be totally in the box
Ozone has been great, and I also like the dynamic Eq in 8. I used to have a TC dynamic EQ back with the Powercore hardware, long gone. UAD also has one, but the one in Ozone is something I almost always end up using now. Between Ozone and RX (not to mention the Insight metering), I'm an iZotope fan... Not sure they can beat the Bricasti reverb, tho :-)