View Single Post
Old 08-07-2022, 05:36 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haasome View Post
I have owned a Hoffee with the persistent odor and was never able to get rid of it. I eventually sold the guitar with the case. I currently own 2 Karura cases. They are a little lighter than the 4 Calton cases I also own, but they aren’t a world different in weight. I like the rubber edge binding on Karura (minimize the risk of case bite) and the terrific latches. I bought the 2nd Karura a couple of years ago and found the fit and finish (inside and outside) was not as good as my older one, especially the inside storage compartment fit & finish. I have chosen Calton as my preferred case. Yes they are a little heavier, but they are perfectly crafted and bulletproof. Calton customer service is outstanding. I did not like how the lid closed on one of the cases I ordered from them and took a short video showing how the lid closed improperly - too much foam in upper lid. They shipped it back to their factory, adjusted the fit, and shipped it back to me on their dime - in less than a month’s time. The latches are stiff when the Calton cases arrive, but there is a way to loosen them if you want to. I kept them tight and they loosen to a comfortable state after using the cases for a few-several months. I find all these cases stink when they arrive. Hoffee persisted, Karura kept the odor for many months (even leaving the lid open in the sun), and Calton’s odor dissipated fairly quickly, weeks.
Great input. Thanks. So the odor on the Calton cases does eventually disappear? It’s too bad these guys don’t use that intoxicating (but not toxic) vanilla smell that various case manufacturers use. It is SO satisfying.