View Single Post
Old 08-06-2013, 08:50 PM
Charter Member

Well, as long as we're talking about this (back in a moment, I have to check the tracking ), I asked Ted about a gig bag for the Shorty. With our boat travels, the gig bag I have for the GSmini is a nice fit. I don't bang my guitars around, and we avoid commercial air travel as much as possible (not afraid of it, I used to be a pilot - riding anywhere but the cockpit is cargo )

My other guitars all ride in hard shell cases. While looking online for a padded gig back for the Shorty, I came across a post where the author said, "The gig bag for the GSmini fits fine with the Shorty."

Can anyone confirm this? I don't have any plans to get rid of the Mini (I really do like it), so I could do some bag swapping. My lovely wife said, "Yeah, but, it says 'GSmini' on the bag."

Bless her heart... but, I don't care what it says, if it will fit. That bag has done a fine job with the GSmini for thousands of miles. Before getting the Mini, I hadn't seen a gig bag that I wanted... I thought they were a cheap alternative to "a real case." I like the light weight, storage, and padded protection that "hard bag" offers.

Thanks again for the discussion!

Best wishes,
Jim