Thread: Lava Me 3
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2022, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainmaster View Post
That would fine if they play better than me.

But joking aside, security issues with internet of things devices are real: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intern...hings#Security
We are undoubtedly OT but of course security is essential, my job is also to keep safe my clients' websites and yes, there are dozens of attacks a day even for lesser known sites. But it must also be said that, logically, global hackers usually have a specific target that has little or nothing to do with your personal IOT. From the defacing of sites for demonstration purposes to accessing sensitive company data to then blackmail. Which Corp. might want access to our local network? Rather any thieves in the area who might want to access your local network to bypass the 'security' of the house or access the cameras to check your presence but we are on the edge of science fiction to think that they can access your local network from a guitar through a cloud of a Chinese company. If, on the other hand, your concern is precisely Lava Corp., as a Chinese company, they have no interest in knowing your wifi password, rather in understanding what music you like and then offering you suitable advertisements. And I am sure that in the app there will be all the opt-outs and targeted deactivations of some possible services that would prevent you from advertising profiling. I assure you and I repeat that there would be much more to worry about accessing social networks and the information that, more or less voluntarily, are shared on those platforms. From Zuckerberg to Bezos I would worry more about these gentlemen. A small example, most people use the same simple password to log into whatever service they sign up for. Rather, this is a worrying fact

Last edited by domen; 02-02-2022 at 08:15 AM.