View Single Post
Old 01-23-2022, 08:31 AM
Charter Member

Yikes! I'm hearing the Trance Amulet M-VT Phantom/Martin HD-28 as the best installation I've ever done. Let me remind listeners that this is the RAW pickup tone with the Tone Control wide open in its Treble end rotation which means that the tone circuit is delivering the whole spectrum of tone from bass to treble. All EQ Is FLAT with NO EFFECTS, and the guitar is being played aggressively! If there is some excess treble tone in the demos all it takes is a slight nudging of the Tone Control away from its full-on position to take the edge off the treble. I would have thought the main complaint from listeners would have been the absolutely thunderous bass response that the pickup is capturing of the bass register of this Martin HD-28.

As for the Ultra Tonic 3.2/Martin D-18 combination, I'm not satisfied with what I've been hearing and I've done the DIP-switch adjustment at 6, 7, 8, and 10. Being that I don't hear a lot of bass content in the tone, my next adjustment will be either 4 or 5 as this is the range where the body resonance comes on stronger but it can muddy up the overall tone. I haven't given up on the Ultra Tonic 3.2 but given my druthers, and with hindsight, I'd have opted for installing a Trance Amulet M-VT Battery or Phantom powered system in the D-18.
Ovation Custom Legend LX
Guild F-212XL STD
Huss & Dalton TD-R
Taylor 717e
Taylor 618e
Taylor 614ce
Larrivee D-50M/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Blue Grass Special/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Sunburst
Larrivee C-03R TE/Trance M-VT Phantom
RainSong BI-DR1000N2
Emerald X20