View Single Post
Old 01-12-2022, 10:30 AM
Charter Member

Todd that is very cool and Imo on the verge of great. However I would agree tend to agree with K&G the vocal being a bit too diffuse (which may have been what you were going for ) ... But I think the effects in the rest of song already produce a sufficient ambient mood, and are not needed so much on the vocal

I would start with two things
#1 I would back off the reverb in general
#2 I would do what is called the Abby Road Reverb EQ Trick. But to do that you have to set up the vocal reverb in parallel
I don't know your workflow and if you already do this But I would put the reverb for the vocal on it's own Aux track and send the vocal too it with an EQ before the reverb an and do the high pass and low pass EQ so they only effect the reverb.
The reason for this is the greatest potential for a buildup diffused lack of clarity or mud as it is often called is from 500 Hz down and the Abby Road Reverb trick addresses this head on So you you are doing any reverb on the acoustic guitar you might want to send it to same EQ,ed reverb.

So back to the OP
I posted this in your other thread but once again the sound effect starts at 0:40
BTW there is both reverb and slight tape delay on this vocal

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4