View Single Post
Old 12-29-2021, 09:13 AM
Charter Member

You will find a lot of folks here have a Fishman Loudbox; the Mini is the smallest and most prevalent. Two channels, one for guitar with a couple effects and a 1/4" input; the other for a mic, also some effects, and an XLR input. It does have a 6.5" speaker, but it can put out plenty of sound for its size.

It is 60 watts, so more than what you called for, but it does sound decent at quieter levels. New they sell for around $329, but there are a lot of them out there, and I've seen used ones in the $150 to $200 range.

I used one for several years, running a line out to a Bose L1c. I thought I'd find it handy for small situations, but never found the need for it that way. Having bought a Bose S1 while Fishman had my LBM in for repair, I prefer the sound of the S1, but it is nearly twice the price. My LBM doesn't get used much these days.

The LBM does a nice job with acoustic guitar - I've used mine with a variety of pickups; decent sound with vocals. It does seem to color the sound with a bit of warmth, which isn't a bad thing.