View Single Post
Old 02-27-2021, 12:08 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Womack View Post
Nice! How does it work? Someone was just working in my studio and pulled all the classic boobs on one of my Atlas studio booms: moving the boom angle without loosening the pressure clutch but having their gorilla tighten down the extension clutch collars. It's just no fun when someone wails down on the clutches way past snug and you have to loosen them again. I might just put a set of pliers with padded jaws in the studio so I don't muck up my hands on the clutches.

Bob
Have not used in session but just playing around it is great ( I did have to play around with tension adjustment screws that set the lever lock tensions,,to get it to where it was tight but I could still open with 71 year old hands ) But the wide lever handles on the boom clutch are great and help a bunch.

Here you can see the Boom angle clutch is a dual disk brake type design , the lever lock open to change angle and you can see the two disks are actually tensioned on the four faces of the the two disks

And angle lever lock closed

And I really like I can just wheel it over to wall and out of the way (with my old tripod leg boom stand) I had to hide and lean up in the closet, because the legs stuck out too much when open, and it was not stable with them closed on that wall space

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4

Last edited by KevWind; 02-27-2021 at 01:35 PM.