View Single Post
Old 01-11-2022, 06:37 PM
Charter Member

Thanks everyone for the replies.

I am working closely with the dealer who has been awesome.

We've reached out to Lowden and they suggested just a store fairly local to me in Southern California to check it out but unfortunately my visit there was not the best. The person there said they can't fix intonation on acoustic guitars and after eyeing the relief and playing a few chords said "it sounds good to me." Even though he wasn't a tech, I was not going to leave it with him to try and explain my issues.

Now I'm hoping the dealer will let me take it to another shop to be reviewed and see if it's fixable.

nikpearson - Thank you for that factory spec information. I'll take it with me to the next shop if I can. I did a rough check on the relief at the 7th fret with some feeler gauges and a metal ruler and it seems it's maybe around .32mm so still a bit high.

I do plan to use alternate tunings a lot with this guitar (DADGAD or some slightly lower) so I really want it to be addressed now or I'll be in a really bad spot with a guitar I can't return.

I'm also seeing if I can purchase an extra nut and saddle in case that's an easier option for a tech to work with.

Thanks again!