View Single Post
Old 06-05-2019, 04:19 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slewis View Post
I'm probably a lot older than many of you (or not, in some cases -- I've seen the poll!) -- but I'm realizing that I seriously need to expand my music world. There used to be a great radio station in my area that played lots of great new artists that I never heard anywhere else, or at least not until they got "famous." Among these that I really connected with were (my faves in bold) John Mayer, David Gray, KT Tunstall, the Jayhawks, Shawn Mullins, Freddy Jones, Crash Test Dummies, Keb Mo, Big Head Todd and the Monsters, Neil Finn, Crowded House, the Palladins, the BoDeans, Southern Culture on the Skids, Blue Rodeo, the Wallflowers, Patty Griffin, Train, Counting Crows, Pete Yorn, Sarah Harmer, Toad the Wet Sprocket and more. But that station died after about a decade, unfortunately, and we've been left with Classic Rock and "new music" ever since. I know we're missing out on a world of good stuff.

Also a huge fan of the Beatles, McCartney, CCR, etc.

I definitely favor guitar-oriented stuff and acoustic pop/rock in particular, I guess. I like a beat and a groove; not usually too big on quiet introverted stuff (at least not for in my car, but yes at home) -- as evidenced by my likes list above. Any good recommendations from you musicians out there that you think fits this general genre would be MOST appreciated. Gotta get out of this rut -- thanks in advance!
just a couple of the top off my head

Martin Sexton
Jon Morland
Jason Isbel
Darrel Scott

Always looking for new music so look foward to all the responses
Rainsong H-WS1000N2T
Stonebridge OM33-SR DB
Stonebridge D22-SRA
Tacoma Papoose
Voyage Air VAD-2
1980 Fender Strat
A few Partscaster Strats
MIC 60s Classic Vib Strat

Last edited by Mbroady; 06-05-2019 at 05:04 PM.