View Single Post
Old 01-10-2018, 10:44 AM

OK.. Well we all been there.

Every venue and room is different. It is difficult to totally advise how to "dial" in good sound. So much has to do with the room and it's acoustics. Plus an empty room sounds completely different than one full of people and noise.

* With that said, If you are solo, then having a friend help is a good start... You can have them stand out in the room and give you advice on volume etc.

* Read the manual. (I know .. you prob already did) ,, But usually I read through each section several times.

I assume you are plugging the Guitar into Ch 1 and Mic in #2?

ME? I would start off with no effects and everything at 12 noon or "Flat".... use the 2 Channel volume controls to get a proper balance ... Then the Master volume for your mixed output volume and go from there.

If it sounds like a "tin can" then take away some highs/treble. If your voice or guitar is too punchy ... Take out some of their mids. Too boomy/bass then take out some bass. This is just general ..... ADD a tiny amount of reverb to add a little depth and air.

It's simple to plug into the PA.... Take the DI OUT via a MIC (XLR) Cable. This will take the amp mix out to the PA Mixer.

OR..... you can take the separate Channel 1 and 2 out ...
This would be dry or without any of the amp's effects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theflink View Post

Low, Mid, High.....

It's almost worse with the microphone for singing. I have absolutely no idea what it's supposed to be at.

Worst part is, it's probably all dependant on your guitar, and on your playstyle, and on what type of voice you have.

Can you guys lend a hand?

Just for good measure: I play a Norman B20 with an in-guitar K&K pick-up....

Also, how the heck are you supposed to connect it to a PA. My old system was really easy to use so as you can see, i'm very confused by this