View Single Post
Old 11-21-2020, 08:56 AM
Charter Member

[QUOTE=Jeff Mc;6555456]
Quote:
Originally Posted by theEdwinson View Post
Hey, Bob, I'm glad the Schertler tuners are working well for you on your new Zephyr 00. I'm with you-- the Gotoh 510 (mini) is my standard tuner for solid headstocks, and my Omega open headstock. I've used at least a hundred sets of them, and never once encountered a single tuner with slop in the action. Every single one has been perfect. I haven't used that many sets of the Schertlers, but the same holds true-- every one of them so far has had super precise action. And they look great- sort of a cross between vintage and modern.

I guess I don't pay that much attention to the tuners, but my purchase last year had Gotoh 510s. I had to make almost a full turn of the G string tuner before it would engage. I sent the company an email. They said they couldn't help but referred a US distributor to contact. He couldn't/wouldn't do anything either. No one has one treble side tuner laying around and the company wouldn't do anything. The only solution that they offered was for me to buy a full set of tuners. Some customer service!
That’s too bad. I’ve done at least 6-8 Gotoh upgrades with the 510’s on guitars I have owned and it’s always been a big improvement in performance and ease of use plus I like the aesthetic of the Gotoh’s. I always bought mine from Stew-Mac and I believe if I had any issue, they would immediately take care of it.
Kostal 12 Fret OMC (German Spruce/Koa)
Rainsong APSE 12 Fret (Carbon Fiber)
Taylor 812ce-N 12 fret (Sitka/EIR Nylon)