View Single Post
Old 12-02-2018, 11:32 AM
Charter Member

Four day update:

I'm glad I didn't buy this guitar first. I might not have bought an X20. I'm glad I have the X20 - I really like the contrast and the volume and it just rings out a little differently. But this new gen X7 leaves nothing to be desired.

I guess it worked out the way it should have. I bought the old X7 sure it would be a fine number 2 to the X20 and didn't want to get the new X7 because I thought it would be too much LIKE the X20. There was nothing in my experience to suggest that a short scale could be my #1. I was right about all of that EXCEPT the X7 being the #2 - it move into #1 and then I figured I had to check out the new one and see if it would be a better #1, if that was the slot the short scale was gonna occupy. And it is on every level.

I LOVE the old X7 and if it had stayed in it's place as a #2, it would have stood the test of time. But it wouldn't be held back, forced it's way to #1, and as a #1 goes, this new X7 is on another level. So I'm glad I splurged for the Coco veneer because I'm gonna have this guitar a LOOOOONG time!

I'm gonna make a concerted effort to sell the old X7 when I get back from North Carolina in March. If anyone is interested right now, drop me a line. I'm here until Friday the 14th and can ship it before then, but I don't want to list it and then have it be unavailable for three months if it doesn't sell right away. The going rate on these seems to be $1000 + shipping and this one is mint...

-Ray