View Single Post
Old 01-14-2019, 10:28 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkstott View Post
As a lifelong NY Giants fan, I was very happy to see the Cowboys & Eagles lose.

It would have been a dream weekend for me, if the Patriots had lost as well.

As a fan of the NFL, I'm hoping for Chief's vs Rams in the Superbowl. It'll be a refreshing change to see new teams in the game.

My 2nd preference is for the Chief's vs Saints in the Superbowl.
Man, I've always been for the Giants or Redskins when they've gotten into the playoffs and the Eagles hadn't. Nobody was happier for them in the two Super Bowls the Giants won. But with the number of comments I've seen like this from Giants fans after the Eagles loss, I guess I'm gonna have to change my ways. The Cowboys reaction I get because most people either love or hate the Cowboys and in the NFC East, that runs about 95-5 towards hate. But I've never been down on the other division teams except in a context that affects the Eagles.

I too am hoping for a Chiefs/Rams Super Bowl. I'd be for the Chiefs because I'd really like to see Andy Reid win a Super Bowl or two at some point. But I like the Rams too and would be happy to see them win it. My next choice would also be Saints/Chiefs and then I'd really be for the Chiefs. I don't dislike the Saints as a team but I don't like Sean Payton at ALL - he just comes off like a prick to me and the whole bounty-gate thing overwhelmingly confirmed that impression. If Brees could win one with another team, I'd be all for him.

And, of course, I'd hate to see the Patriots in another one and would hope for another loss if they get there. So far, only the NFC East has owned them in the Super Bowl - we're 3-1 thanks to the two Giants wins and one Eagles win against one Eagles loss - and that obviously isn't gonna happen again this year. So I'd be happy enough to see the Saint's avenge the Atlanta loss two years ago or the Rams avenge the Seahawks loss a few years back...

-Ray