View Single Post
Old 08-23-2021, 08:23 AM
AGF Sponsor

This one just got back from the finishers last week and I'm super pleased with how the tamarindo is looking under finish. First, some final woodworking pics...

There are a couple of key lines I really like nail when I'm carving a neck. One of those is the transition to the volute -- my goal is to keep the neck straight and flat as it approaches the nut slot with the volute peaking over the center of the nut to provide extra thickness in a potentially weak spot. This is a mid-process shot that's just about got it...

And here's the body cleaned up with the flush cutaway transition between the neck and body finalized...

And now with some finish on it!

Another view of how the cutaway twists to meet the taper of the neck...

As far as material properties of the wood are concerned, the lutz spruce top on this one is probably the best I've used. I'm really really excited to hear it come to life in the next couple of weeks!

This guitar is destined for Dream Guitars in September but is available to pre-order now. The last one I built for them was grabbed before even getting shipped down there, so please get in touch if you have any interest or questions!
instagram