View Single Post
Old 10-18-2021, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tytlynz View Post
I am a newb, a covid cowboy if you will and picked up the guitar during lockdown. I have no aspirations of gigging or even playing for anyone but myself. But I have been diligent and disciplined in my practice and must be making progress.

Yesterday was a very bad day. Bad news on many different fronts. I needed a break and grabbed my guitar and headed down to a park behind where In ive that has a lake and and a ton of non migrating ducks. It is all the audience I aspire to. I was noodling just to get my mind right and amuse the ducks. I have been working on a version of Simple Man that is not quite picked but getting closer. I don’t sing. About the third time through I hear a soft voice singing the lyrics word for word. I turn around and there was a five year old little boy singing. I startled him and he was about to run back from whence he came but I said “that was very good.” He said, “That was my Grandpa’s song….he left us.” Just then his mother comes running frantically up the path looking for Jason. She eyes me suspiciously, understandly, until Jason says “I heard Grandpa’s song and wondered where it was coming from.” The mom, Monica then says you were playing Simple Man? His grandfather played it to him since he was born.” He passed in may from cancer.

For a five year old to recognize a song and sing along was about the best thing that could happen on such a sh*#*y day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimelie View Post
Gee whiz, this made me tear up.
Me too. What a beautiful story that confirms the power of music.