View Single Post
Old 08-13-2022, 08:54 AM

Thank you Kevin for your answer. I must say that to compare the sound of an X-20, which has almost a (sort of) dreadnought depth and size, with a Journey OF 660 which is definitely a small body, is a bit unfair :-)
The difference between the RT 660 and the Rainsong OM bodies instead is smaller, that is why I was looking for that type of comparison.
Regarding Emerald... I definitely discarded the X 7 which is a bit too small for my taste and needs (I am 6ft tall) and as already said I do not need to travel with the guitar. I discarded the X 10 because of the 1 11/16 neck that for me is a no no. So I am left with the X-20 which is maybe a bit too deep and big in size for me, although I understand that it is nicely shaped so that it looks smaller when you hold it. But I have a couple of issues with the X 20. I listened (with headphones) to dozens of demos of the guitar, either from Emerald itself and for other players, and I am not sure about the sound. from what I can understand listening to audio and video clips, Rainsong guitars seem to have a warmer, more natural tone. Secondly, I really do not like the design of the Emerald pinless bridge. If it was similar to the one adopted by Breedlove, I would have no problem. But THAT pinless bridge, I am afraid, calls for trouble in time, which defeats the purpose of having an ever lasting carbon fiber guitar. So, that is the reason why I am left, in my mind, with a Rainsong OM or a Journey RT 660. The video and sound clips of the RT 660 (There are not too many) show quite a nice sound with decent low end...but again, nothing can compete with a test in person, that is why I am hoping that some forum members who had the opportunity to play these guitars can help.
P.S. I also looked at McPherson. I discarded the Touring because of the 22.5 inches scale. I love the Sable, from what I can judge listening to youtube videos. But it is a big guitar. I am looking, as salready said, for a OM or concert size.