View Single Post
Old 01-13-2019, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramster View Post
How were they recorded ? Into a mixer and what software? Thanks, just wondering and sound darn good
Signal path pickups:

Each pickup goes through an Artec Graphic EQ pedal (3) - Bose T1 Tonematch - Yamaha MD4 Mixer - Motu 1224 - Adobe Audition

Well the Software doesn´t matter :-)

Signal path Microphone

About 5 to 6 inches in front of the 14 fret pointing towards the soundhole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petty1818 View Post
I was surprised at how close they were, I thought for sure I would pick out the mag/K&K set up. With that said, I am listening on crappy laptop speakers. I would guess the mic as test b as well.
I was surprised too :-)
Yesterday I made the first comparison. Today I thought I have to share this cause I was pretty happy with the sound ! I did a lot of tweaking with the EQ till the sound I heard from the Amp was matching the natural tone of the guitar as close as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Young View Post
Yeah, A sounds like the mic to me. But B sounds pretty good, too. I assume this involved a fair bit of EQ, perhaps matching the pickup to the mic?
Yes EQ was my friend and a lot of it :-)
The K&K needed the most eq especially in the bass area. The other Pickups mainly around 280 to 800Hz.

The pickup recording got a little cut in the 10kHz to 20kHz region to match the microphone afterwards. I maybe could have done it with the Bose.