View Single Post
Old 06-02-2019, 06:56 PM

I'm one who has produced several CD's which were "home brewed" original single guitar instrumentals via a Zoom H4n, mic pre-amp and external condenser mics. I would never describe them as "studio quality", but folks.......friends/family seem to enjoy a listen to them. I do have sound treatment in my higher ceiling dining room of a little "booth" of broad band panels. Once recorded, I've taken the step of having them mixed/mastered by a pro engineer to help the sound be the best it can be with his equipment and knowledge.
The first 4 tracks on my Soundcloud site are recent and recorded/mixed in this manner..........others further down are mixed by me through Audacity with a plug-in called Adverb, or via my engineer. Not quite the quality when I do this myself, but "ok" for posting on SC.
The portability of the Zoom plus the other benefits listed here have kept me with this set-up and allowed me to not get overly lost in post processing efforts. I enjoy that, but I'm less technically skilled and less interested in this aspect.
Just putting it out there for whatever you feel is helpful with this topic!!
Best,
Fred
2014 Doerr Legacy
2013 Bamburg FSC-
2002 Flammang 000 12 fret
2000 McCollum Grand Auditorium