View Single Post
Old 10-15-2008, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akivisuals View Post
That is my dream guitar..... Someday maybe.... Probably not, but it's nice having something to dream about.

Kevin has really developed (or popularized) so many great innovations. I love the bevel and the acoustic flutes look wonderful. I like the concept much better than a big hole in the upper bout. It makes sense from a design point of view as well. I wonder if other luthiers will start making them like they have the bevel.

That thin Paua inlay around the sides is stunning....

I agree and think that he is one of the few that has successfully combined a truly world class tone with world class functional aesthetics (the latter I have found to be lacking with many guitars).

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddiesorg View Post
So, another Nightingale. Well, I think that's one of my favorite body sizes ... though I really like the Cathedral as well ... and I think I'd like an Abbey someday ... and then there's the Mission ...
I thought about the Cathedral and the Mission. If I went for a Cathedral I would have went with a Redwood top, however I'm so in love with my Olson that I would have found them to both compete for my time in that "darker wood" space. I like a big sound from my guitars so I opted for an NGS with all the bells and whistles, but it was not an easy choice!