View Single Post
Old 05-26-2019, 07:28 AM
Charter Member

I have had a Huss & Dalton Crossroads for a number of years now and it's among my favorite guitars. It puts out more sound than its small body would suggest, has a rock-solid bass and clear trebles and mids. I play mostly (but not exclusively) rag-influenced blues and it works beautifully for that stuff and a lot more. The size is very comfortable, as well, and the set-up was excellent when I bought it and remains so. I have several guitars of that general size and style and it holds its own with any of them, including some well known one-man-shop instruments and a 1940s banner Gibson LG2. I find the neck profile very comfortable but that's the one thing that might not be universally praised, depending on your preference and playing style. It's not as beefy as some guitars of this type but it's fairly substantial. Not as pronounced a V-shape as some. More a U-shape. Feels great in the hand, at leas in my hand. It plays very easily and sounds great. Intonation is excellent up and down the neck. Just a great guitar.

I've also visited the H&D factory, which was fun. They're a great small company (sounds like an oxymoron, but you know what I mean). Only a handful of folks work on the guitars and each is an expert at what he (all men when I visited) does. They take pride in their work, as they should, given the quality of the product. H&D are among my favorite builders anywhere.