View Single Post
Old 12-03-2019, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wweiss View Post
I will test the QSC k8.2 on Friday when the wife is not around.
I wear hearing protection because anything over 90dB is dangerous to your hearing. This will be loud!
Thanks!

And I totally understand about the hearing protection: I even felt compelled to put in some Ety-Plugs I had lying around when SPL-testing an Aiwa EXOS-9 this afternoon. It's for my kids' school movie nights, was wondering if I could get away with it (the answer is no: A-weighted only reached 93.8 dB and DSP compression hit much earlier — and the auditorium is LARGE).

My JBL EON One Compact arrives Thursday, and ... wait for it ... a New Soundboks is showing up Monday. I'm hoping the Compact will be sufficient, though: based on your measurements, the JBL sounds like it would be roughly twice the volume of the Aiwa, and the features for live performances are much better on the JBL than on the Soundboks. Always nice to buy something that can be used for multiple purposes!

(But now you know why I'm interested in the K8.2's peak SPL measurements. The New Soundboks will probably have nothing on the SQ of the QSC speakers, but the SPL rating is the same and the Soundboks is very keenly designed for battery power).

Anyway, it's sometimes nice to play around with toys outside my normal competencies.