View Single Post
Old 06-01-2022, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methos1979 View Post
The S1 can be very finicky with regard to positioning both in relationship to the guitar and which position you place the amp. The S1 has an 'auto' EQ with regard to each position that is different. Then of course there is the ToneMatch positions as well. I have found that placing the S1 on the floor tilted back is the worst position for feeding back regardless of position. Best is on a pole. Sitting straight up on a chair is second best. I'll assume you've also tried the three ToneMatch positions? There is no rhyme or reason to which of those will sound the best either. You have to try them all. Last, depending on the size of the room you're playing in, just moving a foot in one direction or another will affect feedback with the S1 regardless of the guitar. The S1, with its 3 articulated speakers going in different directions, while great for spreading tone far and wide for such a small speaker can also be a feedback monster in small rooms with a lot of reflective surfaces and loud volumes. The K&K pickup in a highly resonant guitar can be a beast to tame at high volumes. I found that dialing back the bass on the S1 itself - sometime all the way back - can work best. And of course a feedback buster in your soundhole will also work wonders.
That's interesting. The S1 on the pole has the most bass. I haven't cared for the tonematch on the S1, so I just keep it off. I'll try the other positions. Most of my gigs require loud volume, so the K&K is not the pickup for those gigs. Oh, and I did put a feedback buster in the soundhole. ;-)