View Single Post
Old 03-30-2011, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAMFIST View Post
Yeah -- it should pretty much be able to tell that there is an external mic and reference that audio source. There are also stereo mics that terminate in a micro plug that ought to work just as well.

IMHO, just using a decent mic or two and going without amplification may actually work better. Seems like you are getting a lot of feedback here. A number of folks may be willing to consult with you a bit off the thread. It's all good, man.

Main thing is ... you are a very musical and compelling player/singer. There are complete wankers out there who use more toys and production tricks than you are using here.

LOL @ the Wankers comment. Thanks for the compliment and suggestions. One of the issues I have is that I can't hear what I'm doing. I have no extra set of ears. The reverb on the vocals might be up to high causing the feedback. I actually turned the volume way down on the amps too for this one. I think the recording space is just not optimal, It was the same thing 2 years ago with different equipment. I think I need some carpet on the floor or something too, or something on the walls perhaps as well as a better recording device or an external mic for the ipod.