View Single Post
Old 10-12-2021, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Mick View Post
I stumbled across this little tidbit buried in a thread while I was reading through the forum last week, but someone was talking about moving the microphone part of the Anthem pickup. We've had several threads where we talk about not being able to mix in much of the mic signal because it gets really hot and trebly with too much mic in the mix. Well I saw in this thread that a couple of folks moved the mic from the front of the bridgeplate to the back of the bridgeplate. I think someone even moved it even farter to actually sit behind the bridgeplate. So yesterday when I changed strings I decided to try it and moved mine to the back edge of the bridgplate and holy Hannah it made a difference. Now I've got the mic set at just under 1/2 and it has a much richer and more acoustic amplified tone. I'm definitely happy with the change and wanted to share.
I moved the Mic behind the bridgeplate last week... Getting it further from the sound hole. I agree! This is the best place for me too. I have Mic at around 50% as well. Being able to dial in more mic makes the guitar sound so much more "alive" and it didn't sound too bright or "honky" for loss of better word.

I played a solo show last week in a small bar .. Martin SC13 into Bose Pro 8. Small, appreciative crowd. So I was able to experiment and my friend helped dial in the Bose EQ while I played. Everything was perfect.. Best sound hands down I have ever heard from this guitar. (My first Anthem SL ).

The photo below is the Martin SC13e and as you can see, it is a very narrow Bridgeplate.

My set up