View Single Post
Old 01-31-2021, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eucatastrophe View Post
Update 3.0
So I haven’t created a VP with my Taylor yet but I created another VP of my McIlroy with the passive IBeam and the Shure MV88.

The MV88 seems to be a success. It is more sensitive than the stock iPhone mic. So I had to decrease the input level to avoid clipping. However the end result was a bit more crisp voiceprint, most noticeably in the Low E and A strings. Still running the VP blend at about 60%, I also used less antifeedback to tame the bass boom.

To be clear, the MV88 helped create an excellent VP. Better? Maybe but that’s going to be a personal preference. Also the same result maybe be gained by adjusting the EQ and antifeedback a bit.

Personally I’d have to hear some recordings to really compare. Hopefully I can make that happen over the weeks ahead.

As for the IBeam. I really think it sounds fantastic with the VP, but it’s extremely low output doesn’t play well with the VPDI. To even get a useable volume I had use my Baggs Align Session as a gain stage. While the tone was fantastic, the white noise was just a bit too much. To be fair, I’ve noticed this when I was using the Venue before too.

So...I’m probably going to reinstall the Lyric. For now
Thanks for the update. I have the MV88 as well and was wondering about this. It's funny, sometimes I hear a demo of the VP and think it sounds incredible and other times I feel as though it sounds overly bright and thin. I do want to try it though! The best I have heard it sound is with the Anthem and Lyric.