View Single Post
Old 01-23-2021, 06:48 PM

UPDATE...

IBeam Passive
Unfortunately I didn’t have luck here. The signal is so weak from this pick up that I couldn’t even get it to register during the voiceprint creation process. I had to run guitar —> Align Session—> VPDI to get enough gain. The result was OK. Not nearly as improved as the Lyric results last week. But I later remembered that I had my iPhone case on when I created the Voiceprint. It definitely impacts the mic negatively.

M1 Passive
The VPDI made the M1 sound amazing!! A little EQ went along way. A little bass reduction and a little treble boost and it sounded lively and huge. Not quite as true acoustic tone as the lyric but really close. I kept the blend around 60% and the anti feedback around 40%. I’m on the fence if I prefer this to the Lyric with VPDI. I think I slightly prefer the feel of the Lyric with VPDI. I’m not used to the feel of the Magnetic soundhole pu and the bass seems to sustain forever haha!

I’ve sent Caleb at LR Baggs an email about the IBeam so I’m looking forward to some possible solutions.

Up next is my running my 2018 Taylor 712e 12 fret with ES2. I loved my plugged in tone with it through my Baggs Venue and Session and Reverb. Looking forward to what the vpdi can do!
Line6 Pod Go ("Helix Lite")

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-1...c00vCM5OTc-dmA