View Single Post
Old 11-08-2020, 12:49 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondave View Post
00 Maple Slobod, smart man....!!! These next two months will go by in a split second compared to 7 years
SURELY. I sure hope so, anyways!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredsj200 View Post
WOW!!! Congrats!!! You are much more patient than me (LOL). That just looks down right gorgeous. Can not wait to see the finished product. You are very fortunate to have experienced so many of John's great instruments. I have just acquired my first Circa. It's an early build from 2002 and the workmanship/sound and playability is just exceptional.

Best of luck
Patience for these sorts of things and a modest income often go hand-in-hand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt1 View Post
Gorgeous. Thanks for sharing the pics with us.
Thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deft Tungsman View Post
My, my, that's sublime !

German spruce/maple Circa 00 = wish-list guitar.

Thanks for sharing the pics and scratching the itch.
Yes indeed. He really put that wood combo in a 00 on the map. For me, at least! Al Petteway’s first Circa ruined me for life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soma5 View Post
I'm also on his list for a long-scale 12-fret 00, different materials. I'm still on the fence about a cutaway. Your build has me buzzing, actually! Beautiful, especially in all of the details!
What woods? Based on the ones I’ve played, I wouldn’t be concerned about a cutaway negatively effecting the sound! They’ve been consistently wonderful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaillant75 View Post
I also have a soft spot for a maple Circa 00.. Particularly the black and white scheme. Will enjoy this one.
The neck is the one big question mark. Still not sure what we’ll settle on. I may need to have you guys help me out . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by iim7V7IM7 View Post
Congrats...
Thanks as always!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprintBob View Post
Congrats on a beautiful build. I briefly played one of John ‘s guitars at the 2019 Swannanoa Week and the clarity and responsiveness was amazing.
Thanks! Clarity is definitely his thing! Here’s hoping for Swannanoa 2021. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by justonwo View Post
The problem with Slobod is that his work is so sloppy. I mean, clearly he just threw that thing together.

If you awakened me in the middle of the night I think I would say, “SlobdelGeyt. Where’s my binky? Brian, what are you doing here? Now that I’m awake, and since you’re here, please stop posting those clips of you playing on Facebook. You’re making us look bad. Leave the Circa 00-12 here and please let me go back to sleep.”
“SlobdelGeyt” If only this forum would allow me to change my name. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwpierce View Post
Congratulations Brian, I'm on his list for 2021 and I'm going maple also. Still trying to decide Adi OM or 000c. Would love to hear your impressions when you receive this beauty and put it through its paces.
Rob! Well, whenever things are somewhat normal again, I’ll just bring it by. You know we’re not far away nowadays. Paradise Valley! His 000 is not to be missed. Juston and I played the same 000 Maple that Schoenberg’s had a few years ago. It remains one of the best sounding guitars I’ve played (including Walkers, pre wars and whatnot. . . )